Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Holi!!



This is the festival which every Indian wishes to celebrate with their family. We sprinkle colors on each other and have sweets and when after forgetting their old rivalry everyone comes closer and gets united. Everyone has their own way of playing it. Olds put Abir on forehead while juveniles rush here and there and dance uncontrollably.


When everyone at home is savoring lavish gujhiya, rosgulla and getting smeared in the color I am stuck here in writing this excruciating post. Wish I would have also made to Home to join this vibrant celebration of colors but it didn’t work out. It has been six years I am celebrating this mirthful festival of color away from home. I hate this professional life now.

When I was a child I didn’t have money to buy colors of my own and now when I have money, I don’t have time to play. Life gradually changes but I still believe that it does change for a good. I wanted to go to that childhood again when there was no fear of getting blackened away by lasting colors, when it used to take hours to abrade the colors, when we used to rush to douse any passersby, when we used to holler raffishly without fearing others.

Whatever it is, I am getting nostalgic while writing this post.

I wish you all a very very happy and colorful Holi. Please play safe and serene.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holi is definitely a celebration of masti and bachpana....we miss them so much now..this professional has its share of effect on us ..even we had good holi even during exam time.....but now its gone ...

tha last line simply great!!